Sunday 30 November 2014

Christmas Calendar

A Christmas Calendar - An Advent Calendar 
for the Finns ''Joulukalenteri'' 

A Christmas Calendar is not a new phenomenon, it was brought to Finland by Tessi Fazer, who saw it in Sweden. The first Finnish Christmas Calendar was produced in 1947. The idea is to open one window every day starting from the December 1st and ending on the Christmas Eve (24th). 

In Finland we have many kind of calendars; paper, chocolate, candy, toy, etc. This year I was thinking of bringing a Christmas Calendar to my blog. I think it would have been a fabulous idea even though I wasn't sure how I would have conducted it. I still decided not to do it as it might lower my motivation towards this blog. Instead, I will post things when I feel like doing so, and I'm sure the post are becoming more Christmas-y all time time. 


Let's start with a song 'Walking in the Air', which features a TV show called 'The Snowman'. I have watched this show every Christmas Eve morning as long as I can remember - it's a part of my Christmas celebration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment