Wednesday 15 March 2017

My Favorite Food - Sweet Potato Soup

Sweet Potato Soup

I have mentioned my addiction to this soup in many letters without explaining how to do it, hence this blog post. Furthermore, this has been my favorite food during 2017, which is why I want to share the recipe with you guys.




For the Sweet Potato Soup you need: 
  • 2 Sweet Potatoes
  • 1 Onion
  • 4 Tomatoes
  • Some Chili
  • 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Cumin
  • Cream (15% fat)
  • Parsley
  • Cottage Cheese

1. Start by chopping sweet potatoes, onion, tomatoes and chili. Put them to a pot, add water and the vegetable stock cube. Let them boil until everything is cooked.




2. Take off the extra liquid depending on how runny you want the soup to be. Puree everything with a blender, add seasoning and cream. Taste and add seasoning or sriracha if you need more flavor.

3. Serve the soup with parsley and cottage cheese. ENJOY.




If you don't have the above mentioned ingredients, it's not a problem. You can use any vegetables you happen to have. Sometimes I use paprika, ginger, celery, potatoes, carrots or something else as long as most of the pot is filled with sweet potatoes. If you don't like normal cream or are unable to eat it, you can always use coconut cream or not add cream at all. There are many variables, which is why I don't tend to follow the same recipe every time. Therefore, I decided to show you how I prepared the soup this time. 

Please let me know if you want to see more recipes in my blog and if you decided to try out this soup. Have a lovely day!




1 comment:

  1. Lovely and delicious looking recipe to try! The soup of all these vegetables combined is not just nutritious but also is wholesome. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete